Arizona photographer Patrick Darby and his studio, tonic photo studios will be busy shooting for some of the best known brands and ad agencies producing stellar product, food and architecture photography on any given day. Working with these amazing local and national clients is always a pleasure. Showing the final project shots in our portfolio and on the tonic photo blog is always gratifying and a must. This current post is different as it’s about the production, space and team that goes into every shoot to create these amazing visuals.
tonic Founder and Photographer Patrick Darby not only brings talent, experience and technology onto the set, but runs a studio aligned with a team equipped to take on almost any shoot. tonic is comprised of 5,000 square feet of usable shooting space, rafters of props and backgrounds, a full kitchen with cold storage, client wifi lounge and work area.
Some of our larger production and project stories include:
- A semi-truck being backed into the studio to unload 50 large amplifiers for a product catalog shoot.
- 5 straight days of shooting food to include a production team of: 3 corporate chefs, an entire corporate/ client marketing team, a food stylist, prop stylist and tables upon tables of props for the shoot to be capture on two lit sets shot by Patrick and his tech assistant.
- 3 fully constructed and propped room sets to depict: a living room, kitchen and bedroom to shoot various home scenes showcasing close to a dozen cast talent interacting within each room.
- A vehicle shot in the studio to capture various interior product components set within the car interior.
- 8 large luxury pool tables built and shot in the studio.
The list goes on and on… but as we all know- a picture is worth a thousand words!
Here’s a handful of our favorite behind the scenes shots from our projects this summer in studio:
Many thanks ~ Mitzie Rakich
Studio Rep/ tonic photo studios